A Few Navigation and Editing Hints for Cool Edit Pro
- Right-click and drag the mouse to select a portion of a waveform.
- Ctrl + Home zooms in on the start point of a selection.
- Ctrl + End zooms in on the end point of a selection.
- After making a selection press F8. This marks the endpoints of the selection. You can highlight the selection again by clicking one of the small triangles above the waveform. Pressing F8 with nothing selected will mark the location of the cursor. You can later snap a selection to these cues by going to Snapping in the Edit menu and selecting snap to cues. Cues can be edited in the Cue List, accessible from the View menu. Go to any cue by double-clicking in the Cue List.
- Display Time Format in the View menu gives you a number of options. For general purpose, use Decimal. For precise editing use Samples. For creating a cue list for CD, select Custom, then in the Settings dialog, accessible from the Options menu, select the General tab and type 75 as the value for Custom Time Code Display.
- Select a specific region of a waveform using Viewing Range (View menu).
Enter the sample numbers for From/To; the display will jump to this range. Press Ctrl + Shift + A to select the view.
- Refer to the Cool Edit Pro help file for extensive documentation. CEP is an unsurpassed digital audio editor, and it is well worth the effort to understand its vast array of functions.